Well... I've had a lot ask how he proposed and so I thought I'd write it out for all to see :)
...the watered-down version anyway...
We met on Dec. 21, 2007 at a caroling christmas party. His roommate/best friend, Tyler, is in Latter-Day Celebration choir at the institute with me so he brought Jon along to the party (were we danced like monkeys to the song I Wanna be Like You on karaoke, hence the picture)....
Well, we hit things off. We had our first date the next day. After he helped me move apartments he took me to see Enchanted and was such a gentlemen and of course, oh so cute! :) From there it's all just history... (I went to Mexico with the fam for a week and missed him terribly and since the day I got back, Jan. 1, we have been together every single day since then!)
He kissed me that following Friday and we first said we loved each other about 3 weeks into dating. The next day we started talking marriage (I know... we're quick movers!) next thing I know, we have a date set (May 21, in case you didn't already know) and he is asking my dad's permission! We went ring shopping that next monday (but the ring would be a 3-4 weeks because we got it custom made) and I "resigned" from institute council (a very hard thing for me to do as it had basically been my life for the past 6 months).... but on to bigger and better things!!!
About a month later apparently the ring arrived so Jon wanted to have a real full-out proposal (having not done one before because he wanted to propose with the real ring). So I, having no idea, went about my day as usual. He came over after my class and said he had put together a slide show of pictures of us. Thinking nothing of it, I made us each PB&J sandwiches and we sat down to watch the slideshow.
The first song to come on with the pictures was Bubbly by Colbie Callait (my "song" for him). The pictures were ones my brother, Josh, took of us so it was cute that Jon was all sneaky to go get them from him without me knowing. Then the next song was My Girl by The Temptations (his "song" for me). Then as the slideshow went on there started to be pictures of just him... wearing the same shirt he was wearing while we were watching this slideshow. I asked if these were from today and he laughed and said he just thought he'd throw in a couple of pictures of him, too. Next thing I know, the pictures are of him... in front of Sierra-West (where we got the ring made)...! Picking up on things, I turned to him with basically a shocked face only to see him getting down on one knee with a ring box in his hand!
So yup! It was cute! Here we were all gooey from the PB&J sandwiches just having fun being ourselves and next thing I know, I have the most beautiful ring on my hand and a most handsome "official" fiance!!

1 comment:
I had never heard that story! It is so sweet. I love your blog. I also love your engagement pics that you posted. They are going to be fantastic. I hope you will share them with us when you get them. We love you two. Mom and Dad Tiek
Post a Comment